• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New here but I Notice 100% Viewing and 1% Replies to Posts?

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Anthony1013
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Anthony1013 »

Mariner -

I keep our boat at Diamond Marina on Lake Union.... it's literally right next to the fuel dock on Lake Union. When you venture up this way, do you typically stay in the Puget Sound or do you come into the poison water via the locks?

Anthony
MadMoney
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Some of both. Typically, when coming up from Gig Harbor for a night or two, we try to stay at Bell Harbor. But we've come though the locks a few times and stayed at Fisherman's Terminal and the Tyee Yacht Club. I'd like to stay over at SYC some time. Being a member of the GHYC opens up a whole bunch of possibilities on the freshwater side due to the reciprocal privelages with virtually every YC in the lakes. But the added distance up to Shilshole makes it something that I only do if I'm already headed north or coming from the north headed south. It's not worth going all the way up to Shilshole for just one night in Seattle, when Bell Harbor is so convenient.
Anthony1013
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Anthony1013 »

I couldn't agree with you more.... Bell Harbor is great with all the onshore activities. My only gripe, they do not honor "in and out" priviledges.... I found that out the hard way after fishing one evening. Also check out Elliot Bay Marina.... gorgeous facilities with some dining options on land as well.

Anthony
"MadMoney"
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Elliot Bay is my backup when I can't get into Bell Harbor. I like it, but when I go to Seattle, I like to be in downtown.

Return to “General Discussion”