• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Shamrock

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

NJRobert
Gold Member
Gold Member

Shamrock

Post by NJRobert »

I was wondering if anyone has any more updates as to whether or not the 28TE will "live on", within the Shamrock lineup?
Nj Robert
2007 28TE Newport
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Assumption

Post by RicM »

I think that it's a reasonable assumption. The Shamrock people would not have spent good money on molds and the name without plans to build. If you search the other threads on this topic you will see that their stated plan is to move the molds to their current operation in North Carolina and pick up production there. That being said, there was still no firm report of a closing just yet. I'm sure if they are dealing with Fred it's not an uncomplicated transaction. I would be surprised if they did not miss a full year of production before all is said and done. It's not like they are buying a company that is in operation....
The current financial situation is probably not helping any either. It took me 3 months to arrange financing on a condo I just bought next door with 50% down and a credit score over 800. Getting any kind of commercial funding right now must be god-awful.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI

Return to “Albin Maintenance”