• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Introduction

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
canuer
Deckhand
Deckhand

Introduction

Post by canuer »

Greeting Albin owners. Always dreamed of barging the Hudson-Champlain canal. We rented a barge from Richard Powell and on our way to Whitehall we noticed the most perfect boat, an Albin 27. Now my biggest task is to decide what will it be a 25 or a 27. I appreciate a group like this is available to help answer those stupid questions I'll have. Thank you all so much. Riley
Spent a week on the Hudson-Champlain Canal, want to return on my own terms. Grew up on the Hudson in Piermont during the 60's, would like to recapture some of that joy.
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

As a former owner of a 27, 1986-2000, whatever extra cost is the 27 is well worth the $. About the only advantage the 25 has over a 27 is the ability to trailer easily. A 3/4 ton truck can tow a 27 but the 27 has a
9 1/2' beam & weighs about 7,500#.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Bob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bob »

Dear Canuer : I would like to add my welcome to you. In June of '07 I p rchased an Albin 27 AC (aft cabin), with a Nissan 78HP diesel. I love it!
Last summer and this summer have been a learning experience. A few good screw up's to remind me that I don't know much about boats. I filled it up with fuel when it was pulled last Fall, so I have convinced myself that I'm running for free this summer!. One member, some time ago said the following about an Albin 27. " The best use of fiberglass he has ever seen in27'. I think it was a very descriptive and wish I could give him credit. Just remember its slow. Bob

Return to “New Member Introductions”