• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

one thing i like about the albin 28

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

tomcat rio

one thing i like about the albin 28

Post by tomcat rio »

..its not too big to single hand or take a bunch of non boaters out in. even with 4 or 5 guests, most are comfortable. i've found that those cheap resin lawn chairs work well.
also, i park my 'dock box', a 45 gal rubbermaid affair on my swim platform and just stick it on the dock when i take the boat out.
no am/fm radio installed, just a little portable that runs on 12vdc.. stays put with a little velcro.
haven't really found a great place to stick life jackets yet, except in the quarterberth. maybe in one of the deck lockers.
i still spend more on car gas than boat fuel. average 15 hours a month at 6gph or about $19.00/hour.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

My fuel operating cost is more like $30 an hour depending on the price of diesel and my cruising speed. I usually pay about $3/gal and burn 10gph. But that's in a 36'.

Life jacket storage is plentiful and yes, I can single hand it. Though it is helpful to have one person who at least knows how to properly step off with the bow line. I've docked it by myself many times.
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

I agree, it's certainly a nice "cockpit" boat. I have the cushion that snaps onto the motor box and a nice big cooler with a cushion on it. Between those and the revolving helm/navigator seats there is plenty of seating for a fishing crew of 6. She's a bit shy down below on my boat unless you want to lay down. I took out the cushion that were factory installed, removed the flip up back rest and installed a custom, viscous memory foam mattress. Gones is the table, but hello to a good nights sleep. :wink:

I spend 2 to 3 nights every week{ 100 to 150 nights } year around on my boat so I had to do something to get off of cushions and onto a real mattress.
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
tomcat rio

i never met anyone who acutally used

Post by tomcat rio »

the table in the mess hall for its intended purpose, on ANY boat.
did put a 13" tv and dvd player aboard use a small inverter for it.
currently am installing an horizon 700 anchor winch..
also use a 'saltaway' flush rig. i don't attached it to a hi pressure fresh water hose, but stick a small hose into a bucket. less likely to screw up the motor.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Tomcat,

What in the HECK are you trying to say there? I'm sure we'd all appreciate if you went back and edited a few of your posts for clarity. I tried doing it myself at first, but your writing is sometimes so far off that it's impossible to even deduce what you were intending to write.
tomcat rio

i'm crushed...

Post by tomcat rio »

if i didn't have low self esteem , i wouldn't have any at all.
sheesh!
guess i better limit posts to one subject at a time.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

C'mon guys...take it easy.
We all have something in common here.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

Tomcat....as a proud Albin owner....you can CRANK that esteem up a little....I gotcha bro....I had 400 or so firefighters that worked for me when I retired....and I married into a Yankee Jewish Family.....me...old redneck peckerwood......so I understand most versions of the english language.....even Yankee/Northside Chicago.... :D :D :D :D :D :D
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

I think part of the confusion was that he was using the "subject" line for the first part of his post, which is usually left blank. I did not see that, and thus I thought he was just writing partial sentences.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Mariner wrote:I'm sorry, I just couldn't understand what he was trying to communicate. And I still can't.
tomcat's just got a unique and 'brief' writing style...

I enjoy all the posts, even the one's I don't completely understand! Heck, I even like Chief's and he's an admitted Suthner :)

Doug, The Connecticut Yankee (and proud of it!)

Return to “General Discussion”