• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Good News!!!!

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Old Glory
Swabby
Swabby

Good News!!!!

Post by Old Glory »

From Fish the Classic:

Palmer1:
I spent the last week working on finishing up the details on the newest acquisition we have been working on. After some time working to put something together, I signed a Purchase and Sale Agreement to buy Albin Marine's boat molds and assets. We are supposed to close and begin moving Molds within the next 120 days, but I hope to close sooner and have some New Albins coming out of our North Carolina plant within the next couple months. I have long felt that we needed some larger boats for our Shamrock Customers to move up into, and this has felt like a great fit for a long time. We will now have products from 22' to 27' with our Shamrock Line, and 28' to 35' with the Albin Product. I always try to give you guys the first shot at the information on what we are up to and thought you might be interested in our latest adventure. I am curious to hear what you guys think. Hope all is well and everyone is enjoying their boats this summer.

:D
22 SHAMROCK WA
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Told you so

Post by RicM »

Not say I told you so but......I believe I predicted in this forum that SOMEONE would buy the name and the molds and move it all to NC. There is a huge boat building industry there at the moment, in vacant textile and furniture mills, a couple hundred miles from the coast. Real estate is cheap, indoor manufacturing space almost free, the state is offering heavy incentives for new manufacturing jobs, and there's good highways to truck the product to FL and the NE. Once again RI is the victim of it's own success and excess, taxing jobs and high net worth individuals out of the state. In another 10 years everyone will be changing bed linen at Carnigie Abbey or living there.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Well, standing here out side of the US forest, I'll leave the local politrics out & judge it as a boater. Looks like a good matchup. Shamrock has also been a well respected builder among those who follow the better built boats. I just hope the after sales customer support will be better than Albin........not a difficult thing to do.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
DrNickS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockport, MA

Re: Good News!!!!

Post by DrNickS »

Old Glory wrote:From Fish the Classic:

...I signed a Purchase and Sale Agreement to buy Albin Marine's boat molds and assets. We are supposed to close and begin moving Molds within the next 120 days, but I hope to close sooner and have some New Albins coming out of our North Carolina plant within the next couple months...
:D
That is great news! By the way, where do you keep your boat in Gloucester? I am at Cape Ann Marina, on A-dock.
Nick Senzamici
Adagio, 28TE 2001
Rockport, MA
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

here's the actual link:

http://www.fishtheclassic.net/forums/sh ... ight=albin

Thanks for the info Old Glory.....this is good news as far as I can tell.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Would that be a Alrock or Shambin? Albin by Shamrock? Whatever they call it, I'm happy to see it associated with Shamrock. A great boat, good dealer network, good customer service.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

This is really great news. I owned a Shamrock when Bo Palmer bought the company from the previous owners where quality was becoming an issue. There was an immediate turnaround with Palmer rehiring some of the original builders and checking in on the Shamrock owners' web site (Fish the Classic) for advice on redesigning the 26 foot model. I hope he takes the same tack with Albin and it will be better than ever.
Bo Palmer is in the center of the picture at the 2005 boat show where the redesigned 26 Mariner was introduced.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
mralex001
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: southold ny

good news

Post by mralex001 »

great to hear that albins will continue.
i love mine and hoped to trade up to a 31 te or 40nsc :D
Alex
"ARTEMIS"
2004 30FamilyCruiser volvo KAMD300
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

Too funny....Shamrock 27 was my next choice after the Albin and had it had just a tad bit more cabin space, I probably would have gotten it but opted for the Albin 28. I too wish you the very best of luck. Now, maybe there is a Albin 31 in my future after all..... :D
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Wow
Just read this thread. Good news. Looks like a good match for Shamrock. Hope to see "Shambins" come off the product line soon :lol: They will definately sell
Resolution 28TE
Gery, Anne, Marissa and Gabby.
fairtide
First Mate
First Mate

Shamrock + Albin

Post by fairtide »

It was good reading a confirmation of what was just scuttlebutt. It would be a fine idea for Old Glory and company to pay close attention to the comments of present Albin owners re what works well and what needs attention. This approach will lead to fewer post-production problems and greater new owner satisfaction. Whatever the name of the new boats will be, I for one would be happy to see them at the top of a JD Power satisfaction list.
Limited production products such as boats in this class can benefit from user input. There should be a minimum of r&d needed to put these new models into showrooms.
Best wishes for success in continuing the Albin line. This poor economy should break before long and with an easing of credit, more would-be new boat buyers should emerge.
In the absence of numerous dealers, it is likely that with an enthusiastic Albin owners group cheering the venture on, the new manufacturer will be able to develop a list of local happy boaters who can meet potential buyers to assist with answers and personal attention that may enable interested people to make informed decisions.
Gary J
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Sarasota, Fl

Post by Gary J »

I've always admired the Shamrock designs with single inboard power. Seems like an excellent fit to expand the line. I'm hoping the Albin name can continue on. Best of luck to Shamrock on this venture.

Return to “General Discussion”