• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Deck color matching

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

DrNickS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockport, MA

Deck color matching

Post by DrNickS »

I have an off-white deck and want to touch up the window frames which are peeling near the drain hole. What color are our off-white decks closest to in after-market available colors. The best I can guess is Hatteras Off-White. I want to use a 1 part paint like Easypoxy by Pettit. Has anyone tried to do a match before?
Nick Senzamici
Adagio, 28TE 2001
Rockport, MA
seadancer
Swabby
Swabby

Post by seadancer »

I am in the process of having windows painted as well. The yard has asked me for the color as they are having a hard time matching. This is for the sliding windows of a 36 Express. What did you end up using?
DrNickS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockport, MA

Post by DrNickS »

seadancer wrote:I am in the process of having windows painted as well. The yard has asked me for the color as they are having a hard time matching. This is for the sliding windows of a 36 Express. What did you end up using?
Interlux Brightside Polyurethane in Hatteras Off White #4208 is just a shade lighter than the current frame color but a perfect match to the deck gel coat. If you are painting a complete frame rather than touching up a frame you will not notice a difference in tint. I can hardly notice a difference when I tested it on just the bottom portion of my port frame.

Click this link to see a more detailed discussion and please contact me if you have any questions and let me know what color you ended up using.
Also, if you can post under the link below it may be more appropriate since that it where most of the discussion has occurred.
http://albinowners.net/aog/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=
Nick Senzamici
Adagio, 28TE 2001
Rockport, MA

Return to “Albin Maintenance”