• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Beckson Ports

Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Beckson Ports

Post by Tree »

Evening All,

Can anyone tell me what the part number is for the Beckson Ports on the 28TE is? I'm nowhere near the boat at the moment and need to order two new lenses for Fisher Price as two are leaking where they have cracks in them. I'm assuming its either a 410 or a 414?

Also, when the boat was shipped over, there were some flyscreens fitted on the outside that had rotted through. I removed the screens and gaskets (basically to clean up the gaskets) but never fitted the screens back, or rather the plastic rim. Out of all of the ports, I have three that have minor leaks which is more annoying than problematic. Should I replace the plastic trim behind the gasket to give it a bit more support or will the gaskets need replacing, bear in mind two with leaks are the ones with cracked lenses?

As there don't appear to be any dealers of Beckson ports over here, I will need to import them so I'll need to put a shopping list together then I will have everything here that I need.

Oh almost forgot, they are the plastic ports not the stainless steel ones.

TIA

Lee

*EDIT* Note to self for next time - change search terminology to American! It would appear that they are a 512 (I'll still need advice on the plastic screen though :mrgreen:
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
SpaceCoaster
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Beckson Ports

Post by SpaceCoaster »

Beckson_Port_Anatomy500.jpg
Here's what I have in my maintenance log notes when I replaced some back in 2005...

P/N LNC512 purchased from Beckson (http://www.beckson.com, tel: 203.333.1412) at $33.50 ea. Also purchased two gasket kits as spares @ $6.25 ea. Shipping to FL was $7.

The screens are p/n SCR-512.

Just checked the Beckson site... they get $18.35 per screen now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Last edited by SpaceCoaster on Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baby Bella
1994 Albin 28TE
(D254 Mercruiser/BMW)
Merritt Island, FL
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

SpaceCoaster wrote:Here's what I have in my maintenance log notes when I replaced some back in 2005...

P/N LNC512 purchased from Beckson (http://www.beckson.com, tel: 203.333.1412) at $33.50 ea. Also purchased two gasket kits as spares _AT_ $6.25 ea. Shipping to FL was $7.

The screens are p/n SCR-512.

many thanks for the info on that - due to territory trade restrictions it can be difficult getting parts shipped to the UK unless I go through a Drop Box type service

For the time being, I have swapped the two over from the berth under the deck and fitted them where the ones have cracks in for the time being - so far so good!

Lee
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Tree wrote:
For the time being, I have swapped the two over from the berth under the deck and fitted them where the ones have cracks in for the time being - so far so good!

Lee
Cool, like having two spare tires in the trunk. I had done the same with the screens until I got around to replacing them all.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
awilkins
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Severna Park, MD

Post by awilkins »

:D I replaced the screens myself this winter. Really easy job, take out the plastic frames and the old screen. I bought a roll of screen material from Home Depot and "sealed" them in with a flat tip solder iron. Total cost was about $10 which is less than the cost of one replacement screen. :D
Liberty Call - 28TE
Allan Wilkins and Susan Sears
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

I replaced a screen this evening using the flat tip soldering iron technique. It was easy, and it turned out perfectly. Beckson had told me that I could lift just a few inches of the gasket to remove the screen, and that was true, but I ended up removing the whole thing anyway to clean it. It was pretty scummy in there.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”