• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Over the Road with a 31 TE

Chasm60

Post by Chasm60 »

My 31 is ready for a good work-over and I'm thinking of moving it from the NJ coast to Ohio, where I live most of the year.

Anybody have a recomendation on a delivery service? How about buying a trailer with the idea of using it to move to boat south or west for example?
Gilla Gorilla
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Gilla Gorilla »

That is a awfully wide boat to be towing. I currently tow a walk around with a 9'6" wide beam and have not had a problem. I would feel comfortable going up to a 10'6" wide beam towing on a regular basis but not 12'4" I would save your money of buying a trailer and leave it to a professional.
Chasm60

Post by Chasm60 »

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I'd ship it professionally for sure. I was thinking that owning a trailer however would give me a good working cradle and also see use down the road for further trailering by a professional mover.

I'm just not sure of the economics.
rt11002003
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rt11002003 »

I had good service from First Choice Marine Transport, Inc. They moved my boat from Cape Fear, NC to Guntersville, AL.

I got their name from Bennett Brothers Yachts, Inc. of Wilmington, NC, telephone 910-772-9277. They use First Choice frequently.

Gene
Gene Currently Albin "less"
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Can't find the hauler right now. Believe he is based in Solomons, MD. In 00 he hauled my A32 & steel shipping cradle from Tilghman Is to Salem, NJ. The 32 has a real world weight of about 16,000#.

As far as hauling yourself, if you have the truck capable & trailer, go for it. I drag a 15,000# 5th wheel RV with a 3500 dually. Keep aware of what you have behind you & no problems.

Having your own boat trailer is nice but storing the boat on wooden blocks & boat stands is the way to go. You can move things around to get at the undersides much easier. Been doing it every winter since my A27 days in 1986.

I also keep my 32 at home in the winter. Nice to have it handy to where all my tools are. I am also about to start a year & a half refurb project on my 32. Engine out, tanks out, new just about everything that is not glassed in. The works.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
TD
First Mate
First Mate

Post by TD »

I used Murphy's Yacht Transport for my TE 35 from Long Island, NY to Seattle and was satisfied and they were the lowest price about 1 1/2 years ago.
HANG'M HIGH
2000 35TE Cummins Twin 370HP
Seattle

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”