• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hose Part # Pics off 4D61

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Petersburg Municipal Marina, St. Pete Fla.

Hose Part # Pics off 4D61

Post by rnummi »

Alright folks, time to get your camera phones out. Please contribute any visible part number pics for the hoses on our LEHMAN 4D61 engines. I was advised by American Diesel to "take the old one down to my local auto parts store" and try to match it up. Someone clearly has done this before me. Any pics you have if the NAPA/PeP/Goodyear part number and specific hose would be a great public service....
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984
Sprig1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Long Cove Marina, Chester River Maryland

Re: Hose Part # Pics off 4D61

Post by Sprig1 »

I have trying. The parts store people just know computers now no real knowledge. If it not on the screen it doesn't exist. I talked to one guy that has been there a longtime he said bring in the hoses and I can go through his paper books. He wasn't there the day I went in with my bucket of hoses. Just haven't gotten back to do it. The two main hoses are the one with the thermostat in it and the 90 degree bend with different dimensions at each end. All the rest I think can be done with flexible hose. But will have to check further. Thanks for trying to find out.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Sprig1 wrote:I have trying. The parts store people just know computers now no real knowledge. If it not on the screen it doesn't exist. I talked to one guy that has been there a longtime he said bring in the hoses and I can go through his paper books. He wasn't there the day I went in with my bucket of hoses. Just haven't gotten back to do it. The two main hoses are the one with the thermostat in it and the 90 degree bend with different dimensions at each end. All the rest I think can be done with flexible hose. But will have to check further. Thanks for trying to find out.
You are correct for MOST of the parts stores, but try to find one that is still privately owned or franchised. Around here most of the NAPA stores are still somewhat "old school". They have a couple of walls full of hoses and usually will let someone go onto the back room and look for themselves to try and match something up. CARQUEST are also usually like this but I think those are regional to the north and northeast (you might find some in Maryland).
Good luck!
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Last season I did exactly what Jay is suggesting for the hose from the HX to exhaust elbow. I went to an AutoZone and persuaded the counter kid to let me into "hoseland" in the back room where I just walked up and down the aisles until I found something of the right diameter and contour that I could trim to fit. I'll admit, it took a minute or three for me to convince him it was time to step away from the computer...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

I've just got off the phone with Mike Bellamy at Lancing Marine and although parts are difficult to get, he can generally sort it out.

I have mentioned to him that he may get some phone calls from the States and his reply was, we get whole 4D61 engines from the States for rebuild :lol:

He also mentioned, he bought the last 20 or so engines off the production line back in the 80's - all sold now obviously but he does seem to know his stuff about them.

I know it may be a long winded way of getting parts, but as the engine is French manufactured originally, parts and services may be more obtainable here in the UK

www.lancingmarine.com

+44 1273 410025
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rnummi »

Thanks Rob and Tree.... For Rob: you don't happen to have the part# in the pic do you? Or for that matter any other hose... I guess what I'm asking is for folks to dig into their boat receipt box and respond w NAPA part # xyz fit the exhaust or had the right diameter(s) etc. I will be happy to collate the list.

Tree: Could you pull a price list or just a list of available parts from Lancing? Bomac responded with we "used to" carry parts for the 4D61 but no longer do....we don't even have a cross reference at this point for what parts from the Volvo MD21 or XD90 or 4.90 will work.

How about the Mahindra Commander?
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

rnummi wrote:Thanks Rob and Tree.... For Rob: you don't happen to have the part# in the pic do you? Or for that matter any other hose... I guess what I'm asking is for folks to dig into their boat receipt box and respond w NAPA part # xyz fit the exhaust or had the right diameter(s) etc. I will be happy to collate the list.
?
What I provided you was general help as to a method of obtaining replacements for "molded" hoses, not a replacement for a hose specific to your needs.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rnummi »

Gotcha... In my mind the same thing. From my research, we're going to have to deal with "close enough" as the original parts sources are apparently drying up.
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rnummi »

Another tack: are there any parts 100% interchangeable with Volvo MD21A-B? (i.e. Does anyone have a Volvo MD21 parts identification book similar to Lehman's?
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984

Return to “Albin Maintenance”